Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spoilers

I really hate hearing spoilers about TV shows or movies. I'm sure most people do, but it seems increasingly hard to escape them nowadays.

I understand if a movie has been out for quite a while, and you have not seen it that is no one's fault but your own. People cannot get mad at someone for saying Bruce Willis has been dead the whole movie and is a ghost. You had years to see The Sixth Sense. When the movie or show is pretty new it is a different story altogether.

To avoid all the details you must stay aways from certain websites, radio shows or even reading some blogs. If I am going to talk about anything spoiler-like I will use the ubiquitous "Spoiler Alert" tags before I begin, and the "End Spoilers" once I have finished. Is that too much to ask?

Things escalate to a different degree when you are dealing with something like Twitter. Tonight there were a few posts while someone on my Twitter list was watching Doubt. I did not get a chance to see this yet, and would like to be surprised. I don't know if anything was spoiled, but if I saw what I think I saw before I looked away then I'm annoyed. This is the same as someone not using spoiler tags on a message board. How do you protect yourself in a live atmosphere like that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment